The history of Outwood was researched by St. Anselm’s College Heritage & Historical Research Society as part of a HLF Young Roots Project.
1862: The Outwood House foundation stone was laid by Mrs Catherine Segar, the wife of Halsall Segar. Halsall was a Liverpool corn merchant and the first owner of Outwood.
1872: Outwood was sold to Joshua Milne Heap, a wealthy Liverpool rice miller. It was the Heap family home for more than fifty years.
1931: Outwood was sold to the Congregation of Christian Brothers.
1933: St Anselm’s College was erected in the grounds.
2011: Purchased by St. Anselm’s College Edmund Rice Trust to provide St. Anselm’s Sixth Form Centre.